Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 February 2010

THE FOOTBALL TRANSFER WINDOW BLUES


I love January. Feet up after Christmas, no need to eat turkey till Easter at least, FA Cup on the telly and no English cricket results to worry about till May. Bliss! There's only one fly in't ointment - the ruddy transfer window is open. Now, much of my work is footy related, and prints of players and teams form a considerable part of my beer money. For examples of these, check out www.cartoonstore.co.uk which is my little shop of horrors.

I'd be happy if transfers were spaced out gently through the month - I could keep on top of things and have everybody done and dusted by February 2nd, like old Maxi Rodriguez (the new Liverpool player, pictured here). But no - everybody waits till the last minute, then goes mad on the last day (February 1st this year). So here it is, Feb 3rd, and I'm still frantically trying to find out who went where, then plan which cartoons to get out first. I'm not a Chelsea fan (it will become obvious if these posts continue that my heart is Claret and Blue) but at least they didn't sign anybody - so guess who the first available 2010 squad is going to be!!! Hopefully, I'll get everybody done by about the middle of May when - guess what - the Summer transfer window opens. Maybe I should stick to football legends?

No comments:

Post a Comment