Search This Blog

Thursday 4 March 2010

GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY!


Nicely busy now, thank goodness, but took time off last night to watch the England - Egypt game....why on earth did they wait so long to bring on Crouch and Milner? Oh well. Idly scanning the massed ranks of substitutes during the interminable first half, there was old Golden Balls tucked away in the middle. That got me to thinking, he's been around for a good many years at the top level, and when I started doing the sporting and celebrity Limited Edition cartoons back at the dawn of time guess who my first ever subject was? Yep, David Beckham! Number 0001.

Believe it or not, there are people out there who collect every single one of the issued cartoons - bless you - and we are now up to an incredible #2204! Many collectors have every one of their favourite club or genres cartoons, and keeping pace with the requests is sometimes impossible. Keep 'em coming, though - otherwise I'd just be sat in front of Emmerdale!

So how about a gentle canter down memory lane? I'm going to post every one of the Limited Editions from that first Becks one, and I bet there's a few on here you will have forgotten. Any suggestions for future subjects, please let me know.......

No comments:

Post a Comment